Greater Giving Online Auctions, powered by BiddingForGood, can deliver on connecting more frequently with donors and recruiting more and increasing fundraising while keeping costs low. Online auctions are a low-cost way to leverage your existing investment in your website to strengthen relationships with current donors, attract more donors, and get more donations.
Online auctions have become an increasingly important part of development campaigns. Online Auctions can help increase the amount of contributions and auction items your organization receives, expand your reach, promote your fundraising event and motivate participants to bid more competitively. And, an online auction site provides supplemental revenue outlets that help your nonprofit raise even more money.
Online auctions can introduce your cause to countless new supporters. It offers philanthropic bidders the opportunity to purchase exclusive items at discounted prices while supporting worthwhile charities. An online auction can be integrated into your fundraising programs with ease, and even help your in-room live and silent auctions run more smoothly by reducing the logistical work involved on the day of your event.
Setting Up & Promoting Your Auction
- Unlimited online training classes
- 3 pre-built home page layouts
- 10 pre-built email templates
- Tips & best practice techniques
- Customizable home page buttons
- Customizable email buttons
- "Top 10 Bidders" list
- "Top 10 Items" list
- Bid booster feature
- Unlimited live support from BiddingForGood auction experts (during normal business hours)
- 24X7, 365 access to online knowledge base and Resource Center
Building Your Participant List
- Refer-a-friend and Email Updates
- Donate an Item and Auction Update buttons
- Unlimited sponsor promotion spots to sell, offer as value-adds, or to barter for items
- 8 sponsorship positions in email alerts sent out to bidders and donors
- Live event support, including ticket sale requests, absentee bidding and printable bid sheets
- Process online and live event winning bids through Greater Giving Online Payments
Obtaining Items for Your Catalog
- Item acquisition resource center
- "Donate an Item" feature
- “Donate Cash” feature
Managing Catalog Items
- Item uploader
- Default and customizable open/close dates
- Automated and customizable bid increments
- Suggested opening bids
- "Buy now" option
- "Estimated value" display options
- Item cost feature
- Multiple images
- Exportable auction activity & results reporting
- End of Auction report
- Complete tracking and reporting capabilities
What Our Clients Say
When the John Cooper School decided to run their first online auction using Greater Giving’s resources they jumped right in and featured close to 500 items online. As The John Cooper School prepared for their gala, they were able to close out a number of items online, reducing the workload involved on the day event and gave participants a preview of the items that would be available in the room. This effective use of our tools and resources helped The John Cooper School raise $71,999 for their programs and run an incredibly successful online auction fundraiser.
— The John Cooper School
What are the benefits of using online auctions?
Nonprofit organizations can add a private branded online auction, powered by Bidding For Good, to their existing live auction with ease. This enables them to raise more funds by:
- Expanding their auction catalog and receiving more donations by providing greater visibility to contributors and simplifying the donation process
- Growing their bidding pool beyond those who attend their event
- Creating new online sponsorship opportunities on their website and in email communications that give sponsors quantifiable visibility
- Increase revenue through our easy-to-use online auction services.
- Subscription-based service allows for seasonal online-only auctions
How do online auctions work with live auctions?
What types of nonprofits use online auctions?
Organizations across the country have chosen Greater Giving to automate and improve their fundraising processes. Our clients include schools (K-12 and higher education), arts and humanities, healthcare and faith-based organizations, and range in size from large national organizations to grassroots groups.
What online auction-related services does Greater Giving offer?
Auction Manager – A web-based, online auction management tool that includes everything needed to create, promote and run an online auction fundraiser.
Auction Booster – Our online consignment store that provides a simple, risk-free way for fundraisers to expand their auction.