Connect more people to your cause—wherever they are!
Greater Giving Online Bidding is an all-in-one, secure, online fundraising solution with the functionality to support both mobile bidding and online auctions at your events year-round—for one low annual fee.
This innovative feature within Greater Giving Event Software will enable you to register guests and kickoff online bidding before your gala; utilize mobile bidding at any of your events; and host an online auction anytime during the year.
Online Bidding introduces the best facets of the mobile bidding experience—ease of use and heightened competition—to your gala auction, adding new enthusiasm to your fundraiser and a way to raise more funds. And after the big event, Online Bidding provides you with all of the tools necessary to host an online auction.
With Online Bidding You Can:
- Raise more money—Auctions using online bidding technology typically generate more engagement, resulting in more revenue.
- Get more bids—The system will send alerts to bidders’ phones when they have been outbid, generating additional activity.
- Create a better guest experience—It’s easier and more convenient for guests to pre-register and bid from wherever they are. Track, display, and announce results in real time.
- Broaden your reach—Engage bidders in and out of the room, and connect more people to your cause.
- Save time and reduce hassles—Online Bidding is integrated with Greater Giving Event Software, so you’ll save valuable time with pre-registration and run a smoother event.
- Engage more—Send blast text or email messages to keep your guests engaged throughout the event.
- Your own, mobile-optimized event—Your mobile bidding enabled auction site is optimized for any type of mobile browsers, so bidders can enjoy search, browse, and bidding capabilities via phones that use iPhone®, Android and other operating systems.
- Laptops and tablet bidding—Attendees who do not own or wish to use smart phones can place bids on laptops or tablets in the room.
- Leaderboard display—To keep your audience updated on bidding activity, and to increase participation during the fund-a-need.
- Sponsor logo display—Optimize sponsorship opportunities by displaying sponsor logos on bidders’ screens and the leaderboard.
- Buy it Now—Allow bidders to purchase packages for a fixed price.
- Bid Tracking—“Watch” a package to track it on the ‘My Bids’ page, without placing a bid.
- Image Gallery—Add multiple images to each package for more visual appeal.
What Our Clients Say
“Thanks to Greater Giving Online Bidding, the team could open the auction earlier in the day, prior to the scheduled event start—giving guests more time to peruse the catalog and start bidding. Attendees couldn’t stop talking about how much they loved the mobile bidding experience—and how easy it was for them to use.”
— American Cancer Society, Seattle, WA
“Online Bidding gave guests more time to enjoy the event, since they didn’t have to hover over their bid sheets. Because the software told guests how much they’d already spent, they could give more during the fund-a-need, and the hospital raised more money than ever!”
— Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital
What is Greater Giving Online Bidding?
Greater Giving Online Bidding allows you to connect more people to your cause—wherever they are!
This innovative tool—fully integrated with Greater Giving Event Software Online—can transform your silent auction into a 24x7 online fundraiser that allows you to raise money before, during, and after your live event...or, host an online only auction.
With mobile bidding, your attendees can bid on auction items in the room using their own smartphones. Mobile bidding introduces the best facets of the online bidding experience - ease of use and heightened competition - to your live event, enabling you to add new excitement to your fundraiser and to raise more money.
What are the benefits of switching to mobile vs traditional bidding?
There are five primary benefits:
- Raise more money - mobile bidding typically generates 10-30% more revenue.
- Get more bids than you would by using clipboards - the system will send alerts to bidders’ phones when they have been outbid, generating additional activity.
- Give your attendees a better experience - it’s easier and more convenient for them to bid from wherever they happen to be - in line at the bar, mingling with other guests, etc. - without having to fight the crowds to make their way back to display tables and write in their new bids.
- Make your event more exciting - you can track, display, and announce results in real time, to create heightened “auction fever.”
- Save time and reduce hassles with streamlined check-out, since bidders have already provided their credit card details online.
What about attendees who don’t own or don’t want to use mobile phones?
Our research suggests that the majority of people who attend silent auctions own smart phones, so while we expect a very small number of your attendees to fall into this category, you should have a few laptops or tablets on-site so that everyone is able to participate. Also, you might consider having volunteers in the room to assist those who prefer not to use mobile bidding, particularly if these bidders also happen to be major donors! Your volunteers can confer with attendees who want to participate, and can enter bids on their behalf.
Can we send text messages to our guests?
You can send blast text or email messages to your guests to keep them engaged throughout the event.
Should the gavel items at the live auction be mobile-enabled?
This is something that you and your auctioneer will want to determine. The items that you are offering in your live auction with an auctioneer are typically managed separately. However, you can use the platform to list particular items as a “live event only” preview for your attendees and to acknowledge item donors. It is possible to include high-ticket items usually offered in a live auction, but this typically works best with an auctioneer or emcee, who can keep the excitement going by announcing bids, hot items, and by “selling” your high-ticket items.
Can we continue to use clipboards and bid sheets to supplement the online bidding?
We do not recommend doing a silent auction with clipboards in conjunction with online bidding, because that may confuse your bidders. You can print and display item sheets, which include descriptions, images, and other pertinent information. This will provide attendees with the same information as the item pages on your auction website, in a format that they may be more comfortable with.
What is the ideal timeline for an online bidding event?
How will online bidding impact registration and check-in?
It can enable you to streamline registration, reducing long lines and wait time at check-in, because the platform will allow your attendees to register before the event. However, we strongly advise that you have several computers available at your event so that anyone who hasn’t pre-registered can do so upon arrival.
How will Online Bidding impact check-out?